How To Make A Chocolate Martini
- 1 1/2 ounces Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 1/2 ounces half-and-half
- chocolate syrup or shaved chocolate, for rim
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass that is rimmed with chocolate syrup or freshly shaved dark chocolate.
- Serve to your hot date on Valentine’s day with a side of chocolate covered strawberries:
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Put the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof (metal or glass) bowl. Fill a medium saucepan or pot with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.